Why am I having persistent redness in the eyes?

Answered by: Dr Rishi Mohan

Consultant Ophthalmologist, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi

Q. I am a 27 years old male suffering from redness in my eyes with little pain and blurred vision for the last three years. It stays for 2-3 days and recurred within 15 days or a month. The doctor gave me two eye drops - Winolap and Tearplus. After using prescribed eye drops, I got relief but it recurred within a month. Working on computer, watching TV makes the problem worse. I consulted another doctor who recommended Lotepred eye drop and Lacryl eye gel. Why am I suffering from persistent redness in the eyes?

A.  You may be suffering from mild dry eye and allergy, for which lubricants and anti-allergics give relief. However, treatment must continue as the disease is often related to environmental exposure to allergens.