What is the ideal way to gain weight?

Answered by: Ms Neeta Garg

Counsellor, Psychotherapist & Wellness expert, Pune

Q. I am a 23 years old male weighing 55 kg. I use Practin (or) Ciplactin and Decdan tablets to increase my weight. Will it help gaining weight? How long should I take these supplements?

A.  It would be ideal, if you can follow a natural process of putting on weight, to lessen the chances of side-effects of unnatural methods. Eating a good nutritious high-calorie meal (from the "good" calories chart!) and adding exercise has huge benefits. You should put on weight for the right reasons and for the health benefits that fitness can offer.