What are the uses of these medicines?

Answered by: Dr Chandra M Gulhati

Editor, MIMS, New Delhi

Q. I am a 21 years old female suffering from allergy. My doctor has prescribed me the following medicines - Glevo 500 containing Levofloxacin 500, Rabonik DSR Capsule, Veloz 20 Rabeprazo Sodium IP 20 mg, L-Cin 500 and Xysal tablets. For what purpose are these medicines used?

A.  Glevo 500 containing Levofloxacin 500 is an anti-bacterial drug. Rabonik DSR Capsule contains two drugs called rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used in the treatment of high acidity. Veloz 20 also contains rabeprazole and is similar to Rabonik DSR. L-Cin 500 contains levofloxacin and is identical to Glevo 500. Xyzal (not Xysal) contains levocetirizine and is used in the treatment of allergy.