Certificate of Merit by the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, Government of India, 1973.
1. MBBS (AIIMS) December, 1979
2. MD (Ophthalmology, AIIMS) December, 1982
3. MNAMS (National Academy of Medical Sciences, India) 1995
4. FAMS (Fellow National Academy of Medical Sciences, India) 2007.
Awards and Honours:
Col Rangachari Gold Medal for the Best Scientific Paper by the All- India Ophthalmological Society, Cochin, 1984.
Awarded Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences, India, 1995.
Hony Eye Specialist at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi ( April1996-till date)
Fellowship for Advanced training in Strabismus by International Strabismological Society, 2001, at Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA,Los Angeles, CA; Wills Eye Hospital,Philadelphia, PA; and Richmond Eye Hospital , Richmond, VA, April –September 2001.
Dr Athavle Award for best scientific work in the fields of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus and Neuro-ophthalmology, All-India Ophthalmological Society, Ahmedabad, 2002
Faculty in WHO sponsored training of trainers program in Strabismus at Guwahati, October 2002.
Visiting faculty in ORBIS-The Flying Eye Hospital, Chennai, 2002, Miraj 2005,Mt Abu 2008
Retina Foundation Oration of Gujarat Ophthalmological Society, 11th October 2003, Ahmedabad.
Dr Rustomji Ranji Oration of AP State Ophthalmological Society, 17th October 2003, Eluru,AP
Expert Eye specialist on DoctorNDTV, the on-line telemedicine programme of NDTV.
Awarded International Membership of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, since 2004.
Awarded Ophthalmic Society West Bengal Guest Lecture Oration, October 2005, Asansol,WB
Awarded Dr Ishwar Chandra Oration of Vidarbha Ophthalmic Society, December 2006, Nagpur.
Research and Publications:
Over 125 scientific articles in National and International journals or chapters in books
Section Editor Strabismus and Neuro-ophthalmolgy, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 2008.
Reviewer for the International Journals Ophthalmology (AAO) and Strabismus.
Strabismus Simplified, Modern Publishers, New Delhi, 1999, 2001, 2002.
Essentials of Ophthalmology, Modern Publishers, New Delhi, 2000.
Over 150 scientific presentations at Regional, National and International Conferences.
Supervision of 38 MD Ophthalmology Thesis and one DM dissertation in Neurology.
ICMR project on Nystagmus: Chief Investigator
Memberships of Scientific Societies:
1. Life member: All India Ophthalmological Society, Strabismological Society of India, National Society for Prevention of Blindness- India, Delhi Ophthalmic Society,
2. Member International Strabismological Association.
3. Past Secretary, Vice President and Editor Journal, Strabismological Society of India.
4. Joint Secretary, NSPB-India,1999-till 2002
5. International Member of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.